Welcome to GeboGebo
This is the official website of GeboGebo, the tdbengine based Wiki-System.
GeboGebo is available for free download. It runs on Linux and with a little handwork on Windows 32-Bit as well.
The name GeboGebo derives from the Germanic rune gebo, which means as much as "Giving and taking". This is the main philosphy of a WikiWiki and so perfectly fits with this name.
Due to massive spamming we decided to lock pages for anonymous edit. If you would like to test GeboGebo please register and then login or use the user account "Guest" whose password is "Guest".
The sandbox is waiting for you to play around.
No web space for your own wiki?
Check our free wiki hosting service at http://wikihost.org . It takes you only three minutes to have your own wiki set up.
- The Automatic Link System links pages by their names without explicitely having to be marked as link
- GeboGebo stores all data in a database structure providing high performance data access by using intelligent indexes.
- brings its own mini http server which makes installation very easy
- The indexed fulltext search makes information retrieval a breeze.
- Pages can be renamed at any point of time, without any loss of information.
- All activities get locked and earlier revisions of pages can be restored from each page's infinite history.
- GeboGebo is capable of providing all information as static pages for faster read access and better indexing possibilities for 3rd party diggers.
- The user management is simple but effective: allow or disallow anonymous access in whole or for several pages and enable or disable self registration of new users.
- The User list provides information on registered users and points to their personal wiki pages.
- A list of missing and a list of unreferenced pages help filling content gaps in your wiki
- Fill a blacklist with patterns of wiki page names that may not be edited, if already existing, or even may not be created, if they do not already exist.
- File and Image uploading makes GeboGebo the perfect system for your simple document management.
- Users can subscribe to pages and get informed via EMail when those pages are changed.
- RSS feeds for your news aggregator
- Namespaces support you in dividing your Wiki into independend sections.
- Macros and plugins open all possibilities of tdbengine programming to you and your Wiki
- meatball>InterWiki links help you to reference information in other widely known wikis
- GeboGebo is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- Ensure you have a working tdbengine installation. If you don't, better read those instructions
or this German tutorial for IIS setup (with loads of screenshots).
- unpack the gzipped tar-archive into your www-root directory
- enter the gebo directory on console and run ./make.sh
- open your web browser and enter the URL leading to your GeboGebo installation directory
Read the changelog for details or get older revisions there.
Plugins are extensions to GeboGebo written in EASY. See this list of known, public available plugins.
The syntax is quite easy to understand. GeboGebo does not use CamelCase for linking.
Read the manual for more details.
Ask your questions at Frequently asked Questions.
See and update the list of gebogebo installations.
No idea where to go from here? View a random page
I was definitely inspired by DokuWiki in some points, especially the basic wiki look.
There is a Bug-A-boo bug tracking system waiting for critics, bug reports and wishes at bugs.tdbengine.org.
Imprint: Responsible for this website is Horst Klier, Schwabenstr. 30, 91126 Schwabach, Germany, Tel: 09122 632211, Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: http://www.klier.net. Gebogebo was developed by Thomas Friebel for tdb Software Service GmbH.
index, Rev. 13, Last changed on 2009-02-13 19:30, 375948 page hits